Hello, I’m Alice (though I will answer to a lot of other things)!
I work in a school library in London & am doing a degree in library & information studies at the same time. I set up a blog to keep track of what I’d been reading, because my mind goes blank as soon as I’m asked, which really isn’t ideal in my line of work, and it’s since expanded to include anything I care about. Sometimes I review books for people who ask, always honestly. I sometimes review theatre for the LGBTQ Arts Review.
These are some of my favourite posts:
- On bisexuality, which I wrote shortly after coming out
- I’m sick of dead lesbians, which is about the upsetting trend of lesbian characters being killed off
- “I just wanted to read my lesbian detectives novel in peace!” is not a sentence I would have happily said to my mum a year ago, about Stella Duffy’s first book, Calendar Girl, and the post I wrote about it for another site
- Burns Night, or, any excuse for haggis, which features the best sausage rolls I’ve ever had
- Flung out of space, about Carol, the book and the film
Some handy links:
email me: email@example.com
follow me on Bloglovin: Follow my blog with Bloglovin